Wednesday, June 29, 2011

ethiopia day 7, (day 16)

I forgot about the show my kids put on last night for the guest house
It was adorable and everyone was a great sport to humor them :-)



Day 7 (tues, June 28) began the same...breakfast and playing ouside in our little parking lot
Rebekah got sick in the morning and didn't feel great all day
My friend that is also here, Stacey, was SUPER sick all day...spent a lot of time praying for her

Went to lunch (all the families go together) and then Hannah came back to the guest house with r,j, and b and pat and I went to the embassy with Lincoln and Levi for our appt.
After a 2 hour wait, we had a 3 minute interview and left with the frustrating news that they are issuing us the wrong kind of visa's for the boys
No matter what, the visa's will be done on thursday and we can leave
on friday - which is GREAT news
We are working on contacting the right people to fix the visa issue...praying it gets cleared up

Dinner and evening at guest house - all 5 kids were in bed and asleep before 8 pm!! Whoo-hoo!!

We hardly even know what to say to each other anymore
I don't think pat and I have had a real conversation for days...it makes me sad, this precious time together...side by side in Africa, but it's just so hard to get through each minute.
I guess my prayer right now, besides just getting home and everyone staying healthy, is that pat and I could enjoy being together in this...even if just for a few minutes...

Every night since we've been in Ethiopia, we put l&l to bed and then pat & I play UNO with rebekah, Joshua and Bailey- it's a sweet time together

ALSO, Bailey lost ANOTHER tooth!!! One in Rwanda and one in ethiopia!!
How many 1st graders can say that?!?

No comments:

Our Blogger Templates Web Design